A wonderful winter walk to the valley station of the Schneeberg chairlift.
Distance 13.5 km
The walk starts from Puchberg opposite the Hotel Schneeberghof in the direction of the waterfall and goes along the red-marked trail and before the waterfall the yellow-marked trail in the direction of Losenheim. Your taste buds will be spoilt in ‘InsLift’ at the valley station.
You can either return to the centre by bus or you walk to Schneebergdörfl via the Lehrweg and after to Puchberg.
A wonderful walk where you are always ‘in view’ of Schneeberg as you approach it.
Update: December 09, 2020
33T 568507 5293487
EquipmentWear sturdy boots and take walking sticks. Wear suitable, sturdy shoes, and bring sun and rain protection, as well as water and a bite to eat. Bring your mobile phone, and save the emergency number of the mountain rescue team: 140
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view