Beautiful snowshoe hikes along the Hengste over the Hauerhöhe to Rohrbach im Graben.
Distance 10.8 km
Start directly in the village along the Schneebergbahn and through the Hengsttal. At the end of the road, you put on your snowshoes and hike over the Hauslitzsattel to Rohrbach im Graben. The snack station is open from Friday to Sunday!
We continue over the Gratzenhöhe to Schwarzen Gründe and back to Puchberg.
A beautiful, easy hike.
Update: November 27, 2019
Safety informationMountain rescue emergency number: 140
EU emergency number: 112
For information about avalanches: http://www.lawinenwarndienst-niederoesterreich.at/
Getting thereFrom the A2 to Puchberg am Schneeberg
ParkingParking at the Schneeberghalle, Sticklergasse 3
33T 568314 5293309
EquipmentYou need a sporty winter garment (waterproof, windproof and breathable), firm and waterproof winter or hiking boots reaching over your ankle, gloves, a winter hat and sunglasses. A backpack with granola bars and drinks in a thermos for the trip, spare clothes to change, balaclava and a second pair of gloves (mittens), ski goggles and sunscreen.
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view