This trail leads from St. Peter / Au to Kürnberg to the Kaiserin-Elisabeth-Warte. Over hill and Dale, you can admire the hilly landscape of the cider area. Arrived at the panorama point, it offers a beautiful view of the Mostviertel.
Distance 10.3 km
Through the Burgholz (forest) the trail goes to the Haus (house) Thonner and from there to the Stocker Kogl. Enjoy the wide view of the diverse country, as then you are well prepared, as after some time the ascent to the Haus (house) Magerer begins. Soon you are the at Kaiserin-Elisabeth-Warte (observatorium) on the Plattenberg. The key to the Warte (observatorium) is available outside of opening hours in the Inn Oberaigner, situated right next to the Warte.
After the tour you can strengthen yourself in the Inn Oberaigner, with a beautiful view over the Mostviertel. This approach is especially recommended in the Mostbirnblüte (cider pear blooming) in mid/end April.
Update: January 24, 2018
Tips and hintswww.stpeterau.at, www.plattenwirt.com
Getting thereA1 coming from Linz: exot Haag, B42 direction Stadt Haag, after the roundabout turn left to Tierpark, B 42 bis B122, B122 turn left after St. Peter/Au.
A1 coming from Vienna: exit Oed, follow signs to St. Peter/Au.
ParkingThere are different Parking lots in the village. Please follow the signs.
33U 471754 5321381
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view