On the route from Dürrwien to Rekawinkel, you will come across the “Kaiserbründl” sauna. Empress Elisabeth of Austria visited the source of the Wienfluss river in Pressbaum in 1882.
Distance 11.4 km
Tip/Fun-Fact: The “Kaiserbründl” is named after Empress Elisabeth of Austria, who was also known as Sisi. In 1882, she visited the source of the Wienfluss river in Pressbaum.
AuthorWienerwald Tourismus GmbH
Update: December 10, 2021
Rest StopGasthaus Steinerhof
Café-Pension Familie Parzer
Safety informationSteep in stages
At the beginning of the hike you have to accept a small stretch of road parallel to the highway
Tips and hints
Parkingoccasional in Dürrwien
P+R stn. Rekawinkel
33U 579010 5336692
Equipmentsturdy shoes, water, rain protection
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view