From the medieval town of Znojmo, towering above the Thaya River, you will cross the bridge and climb the unpaved path through Konice to Havraníky, where you can taste local wines. The area of wine cellars in Havraníky is situated at the lower end of the village. The next stop will be Šatov with a nice wine-cellar lane, a painted wine-cellar and a bunker behind the village. The painted wine-cellar is unusual because its walls are decorated with colourful sculptural paintings of dwarfs, mermaids and other motifs. The infantry log cabin MJ-S3 “Garden” is open to the public. Its appearance from the 1980s was restored, including the camouflage exterior which was used on the cabin in this period. The building is equipped with original weaponry and equipment used here between 1960 and 1999, including two fortress guns of type 44/59. Then, the journey is now focused entirely on wine and vineyards. Don’t forget to visit the wine centre in the nearby wine-producing town of Retz. The town grew rich mainly thanks to the wine trade, as evidenced by the decorative houses in the main square and the underground labyrinth of corridors and cellars.
EquipmentBitte den Reisepass nicht vergessen!
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.