Right at the highest point as you head towards the Edelweisshütte inn, the path turns right towards the Rieshütte inn and on to the Nandlgrat trail. Continue to follow the blue signs between Breiter Ries and Lahningries along the high rock formations and rock faces, until the Nandlgrat trail ends.
Head across the alpine meadow to the Fadensteig path, and turn left towards the Fischerhütte inn.
After a rest in the Fischerhütte, the descent begins along the so-called Schauerstein. Follow the green signs, and then the yellow ones, to the Edelweisshütte. From there, you can take the Schneeberg chairlift down to the valley, or follow the yellow signs to the lower station.
Tips and hintswww.schneebergsesselbahn.at
EquipmentSturdy mountain boots, rain protection and drinking water
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.